Spring season for Little League starts in March and last week Trevor had try outs. I really hate that they have to try out it's such a big deal and so stressful for Trevor but he takes Baseball VERY seriously like his dad and he loves the whole process (he even went to bed early the night before!). We had just finished up Winter ball and his team finished undefeated and won the championship so he was feeling good about it.
The days leading up to try outs a few coaches contacted us and told us they were planning on picking Trevor they were all coaches he had played for so knew what he could do....I know that it sounds like I'm making a big deal about this but seriously Trevor is talented like unbelievably it's quite amazing to watch him play. He has his dads mind and baseball abilities and is very determined to do well and learn from his mistakes..great qualities I wish I had or could say he got from me.
So anyway there was one coach we really wanted Trevor to get on with but because of how it works during the draft the coaches pick in order from who draws first to last. The morning after the draft Jeff got emails from 2 of Trevors coaches from the past seasons and they told us that they didn't get him...they didn't even get a chance. Trevor was the FIRST pick of the entire league by all coaches and so the coach that drew to pick first got him. How amazing is that that he was chosen first?!?!?
We don't even know his coach and because of the situation he knew he was in by picking him he called Jeff personally before contacting any other players later in the week to talk to him. He explained to Jeff that everyone knows about Trevor and wanted him and had been watching him play for the past seasons when Trevors team played against his and was blown away by his abilities. He told Jeff that he was building his entire team around Trevor...what a huge honor for Trevor!
We are really excited for this coming season!
I'm especially excited for Dylan to start T-Ball!!! I can't wait to watch him play he's been waiting a VERY VERY loooong time for his turn!
Trevor Batting
Catching
Throwing to 2nd
Pitching






No comments:
Post a Comment