CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Adia's room is FINALLY DONE!!!!!

I think I did pretty good at turning my vision into reality.  When I was a little girl we took a trip to CA with my mom and Grandparents and my Grandparents asked me what I wanted to collect because everyone in our family collected something. My Grandma... frogs and porcelain dolls, my mom...pigs (thank goodness that phase is over ha ha). So we were stopping at little side of the road outdoor shops (I don't really know what to call them...) and there was a glass unicorn and I knew that was what I wanted to collect. So from that moment on every unicorn my family found they bought it for my collection. As I got older I became more interested in fairies and the stories and magic that came with them. So then my unicorn collection became a fairy and unicorn collection. After I was married and had our first boys I decided it was time to retire my fairies and unicorns from being displayed because I was the only girl in the house and it was just weird. So I wrapped them up and put them in my hope chest in HOPE that one day I could give them to my own daughter.

AND I FINALLY GOT MY CHANCE!


I used fairies and unicorns from my hope chest to start her room and went from there!
The flowers on her wall I took off of the plastic stems and used wall putty to put them up...I might need to come up with an alternative because some have fallen off and I have had to put back up but I love it! I surrounded her name with the flowers....they look kind of hidden in the picture..it's really cute though!
My friend Cami made vinyl fairies for Adia's walls and the one above her bed is a fairy sitting on a crescent moon. 




On the shelves are all of the fairies and unicorns that have made it through 13 years of moving. Not as many as I wished I could pass down to her but I'm sure her collection will grow.
I put a small book shelf in her room with cubbies for all her shoes, hair bows and bath things.
The only thing missing in her room is the changing pad that's going on her dresser.
The fairy over her dresser is my FAVORITE! I am going to have to wait for better lighting to take a better picture because what you don't see is where the fairies hand is is pink pixie dust making up the words ADIA in cursive along the wall.....SO CUTE!!!!



There's a poem about unicorns on the left and a hand drawn fairy picture on the right and a couple more vinyl fairies in her entry way.


I got dark curtains to block out light because our windows are so HUGE in our house...I was going to do a green but I wanted green to be an accent and the window is too big of a part of her room not an accent.


I HOPE SHE LOVES IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!!!

No comments: