OUR SWEET BABY GIRL IS FINALLY HERE!!!!
We waited so long for this moment...and I don't mean 9 months I mean we literally have been waiting a VERY LONG time. It took 3 years for me to get pregnant when we decided to try to have another baby after Dylan and she truly is our MIRACLE.
The Prequeal of Adia's Life:
On September 16th 2011 I woke up at 5:30 in the morning with one thing on my mind, "scrub and seal all the grout in our house." By 6am I was at Home Depot buying grout sealant (I already had a grout stripper from my previous psychotic cleaning spree earlier in my pregnancy). I got home sent the boys off to school, kissed the hubby good bye and sent him off to work and got to work on my project. I spent the entire morning scrubbing the tile, stripping the grout with a toothbrush and sealing it. Then I decided to not stop there I cleaned ALL the laundry in the house and then sprayed and scrubbed carpet stains in the front room and upstairs. I FINALLY WAS NESTING!!! Earlier in the week I was freaking out because I couldn't understand why I hadn't yet....what was wrong with me?!?!?!????
In the afternoon a friend of mine, Tanya Howell called and offered to do some reflexology on my feet. Of course I said yes although I had tried it a couple times before and nothing happened...maybe a few contractions but labor was never in my future after having it done. I think that mentally I wasn't ready for her to come. With three boys in the house my house is NEVER clean...I mean NEVER EVER! I felt like there was always something to do and not enough time and how in the world could I bring a baby to this house?? This day was different I felt calm and ready...maybe it had something to do with the cleaning spree I had went on earlier in the day. Tanya came over and began work on my feet and almost immediately I started to get contractions...I could only hope this was it! After Tanya left we had to go to Trevors baseball game and I decided if she's ever going to STAY and continue to go down I needed to stand as much as possible so I stood the entire 2 hrs of his game. I was still having contractions here and there but I wasn't hopeful by any means.
We went to bed with no hopes whatsoever of here coming anytime soon.....
Chapter 1 of our Princesses life:
On September 17th 2011 we woke up to Dylan saying his eyes were gooey when he woke up and yep they sure were and red too....my first thought and FEAR was PINK EYE!!!! I was still in fast paced mode and said we needed to get him to the Urgent Care asap to get him meds because how in the world could we bring a baby home with that nasty stuff in our house! As we were getting in the van I felt a little wetness and my first thought was, "ugh! Did I just pee?!?!" Off we went to the Urgent Care and we were brought into the room. As we waited I noticed that I felt wet and told Jeff that I thought maybe my water broke. I was still not 100% sure but it was becoming more clear that it had. Once we were led back out to the waiting area for the prescription I sat down and felt little spurts and it was no longer a question I was positive my water had broke! We rushed home to get everything and set the boys up and made sure everyone had everything they needed and we were off to the hospital!
By now it was around 10am and they tested to make sure the it was amniotic fluid...duh of course it was! About 5 minutes after testing me the nurse came back and told me that the test was NEGATIVE!!! I knew for a fact that my water had broke this wasn't my first baby I had this happen with so I insisted they test again only this time I suggested they raise the babies head and when she did fluid poured out of me and the nurse said now I know this test will come back positive. 5 minutes later she comes back to let me know that the test came back NEGATIVE again! At this point I was very irritated. Test or no test it was obvious my water had broke but we were told that without a positive test they couldn't admit me...WHAT?!?!? So they tested again AND it was NEGATIVE!!! I told them that I was not leaving this hospital without having my baby and it was in their best interest to figure out why it was coming up negative because sending me home with my water broken was putting my baby at risk. They called my Dr. and she ordered an ultrasound to see what my fluid level was at.....I was a wreck why was this happening?!?! After my ultrasound I was told that my level was higher than normal and after seeing how upset I was a different nurse performed the test one last time and when she came back we finally heard what we already knew it was POSITIVE and indeed my water did break! Like I needed a test or the nurses for that fact to determine that my water had broke...it couldn't have been the constant drip of liquid coming out of me and was allover my hsopital bed that told me could it of been????
By the time I was brought to a delivery room it had been 5 1/2 hr in triage and it was 5 pm and they were just now starting my petocin. for 2-3 hrs they upped and upped my petocin but I wasn't making any change. My Dr came in at that point and found out that my water had broken on top of stomach and there was still a ton between the baby and her way out so my water was broke again...that did the trick! About 3 hrs later I could tell it was almost time for her to get here! They told me to call for them when I felt like I had to push and during a contraction I felt like it was coming but not quite there but I wanted to warn my Dr so I had Jeff tell them and my nurse checked me but I was at a 8. 3 minutes later I had another contraction and this time it was TIME! My Dr ran in and I told her it was happening whether she wanted it to or not and she quickly suited up and 5 minutes and 2 pushes later my BEAUTIFUL baby girl was born 18 minutes after midnight on Sunday September 18th 2011 (I really wanted her to come on the 17th because that was my moms due date for when she was pregnant with me but like I've always said Adia is in control of this one) she weighed 7lb 3oz (when we left the hospital she was 6lb 10oz)!!! I'm so glad it happened as fast as it did because when she came out we found out that she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck TIGHTLY twice and it could of been dangerous if she had taken longer. She cried immediately and came out perfect.
5 minutes after she was born...she's PERFECT!
Bath time is not her favorite
It was all such a crazy hectic night. Probably my worst labor ever....I had prepared myself mentally at 10 am to go through the whole labor process so when it was postponed for so long it only discouraged me and made me doubt myself (not how you want to go into the experience of giving birth without pain meds) but once things started moving it went by fast and I am so grateful for that.
SHE LOVES HER BIG BROTHERS!!!!
Dylan is in love with his little sister he is such a great big brother already!
Trevor can't get enough of her....his favorite part are her teeny tiny feet!
AJ already has plans for how he's going to test her boyfriends...they don't stand a chance with him around!
SHE HAS DADDY WRAPPED AROUND HER LITTLE FINGER
He can't stop looking at her...none of us can!
GOING HOME!!!
Sweet Dreams pretty girl
Mom Seriously no more pictures!!!
All dressed up to meet Grandma Stout and Grandma Dar!!
Such tiny feet..everything is tiny on this girl!
My SMALLEST baby EVER.
A whole lb smaller than Dylan and he was my smallest of the boys and almost 2 lbs less than Trevor who was born 8lb 15oz.
I'm so excited to be her mom and can't wait for all the fun things we have in store to share with eachother!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment