CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

An update on us....

I feel like it has been forever since I actually posted something (minus our Disneyland trip of course)....I don't even know if anyone reads this thing anymore but with my fingers crossed I continue with our blogging....




So much has been going on where do I start ~ BTW this might be a long one so please bare with us!


Lets begin with the day after we returned from our trip to the happiest place on earth...since before the trip Jeff had been talking about going back to work (not that he hasn't been working from home on his business) so that I could be back home with the boys...the whole working thing was getting the better of me ~ I am definitely a take care of the kids, keep up the house, run errands all day long and have dinner on the table by the time my husband gets home kind of girl.
Anyway Jeff was very determined to make both our dreams happen (he isn't the take care of the kids and house kind of guy!) so the DAY AFTER we got back from our trip Jeff went to work putting his resume out there for something...anything. Well believe it or not he got an email THAT NIGHT from a company (of course with the way things had gone for so long we didn't really have our hopes up) and they set up a phone interview for the next morning. WELL...the phone interview went GREAT and they set up a face to face for the very next day! Could this be real??? Still our hopes were numb because we knew the chances weren't huge ~ I mean how often especially in this day and age does a person have his first interview and get the job right??! Well he went on his interview which went well....Jeff of course was critical of everything he said once the interview was said and done...but I know better =-) This was a Thursday and the company told him that they would get back to him in about a week. Well that Monday morning Jeff got a call from the Project Manager (one of the guys that interviewed him) and he asked him to meet him and some other guys for lunch in 2 hours...are you kidding me?! Who was going to watch Dylan (I was at work while all this was happening)..luckily Jeff's mom is still in town and watched him. Jeff rushed over there stressed as you can imagine...when he got there him and 3 men piled into the "project manager's" SUV and went to Chipotle...they talked, laughed and chatted away but still what was going on??? WELL.... when they got back to the office they OFFERED HIM THE JOB!!!! WOW how is that for meant to be?! The first company to contact him and now he's working for them! April 6th was his first day! He loves it and he's finally doing what he loves instead of doing what just pays the bills~although it pays the bills too!

SOoooo..... what does that mean for Jennifer???
I finally get to be home with my boys!!! I gave my notice a week after he started working and May 1st was my last day working in an office....I definitely was ready to be back home. I realized when I had to go back to work how much I was taking advantage of being at home with my boys ~that will NEVER happen again! We have so much planned to keep busy and I think the boys are just as happy to have me home as I am to be home.


Although I am excited for myself I am mostly excited for Jeff and for the boys. Jeff has worked so hard and has met up with so many trials these past few years...a year ago there was ZERO jobs in his industry and we all had to sacrifice a lot to get by. The boys especially Dylan were having a hard time having me gone all the time ~ although the money in my industry is good the time it takes away from my family made it so unworth it a lot of the time.

Well anyway that's pretty much our BIG news.....for now! Who knows what the Stout's have in store next so keep checking back in!

No comments: